Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ew It's Valentines Day


Oh good 'ol valentines day, that over advertised holiday that girls in relationships adore and ones that are single girl dread. Usually you can tell who the individuals working the single swag are because they have a sad depressed look on their face, pitying their fate. The couples on the other hand are the complete opposite and can be seen holding flowers, chocolates, or something similar to the latter. Whether it be happy or sad, valentines day is a day that every individual has to get through. 
This meme that I came across shows how one's perception on valentines day can be changed. From all of my friends and my own personal experience I have come to learn that the main reason that I other single people hate valentines day is because they also want someone to share their love with, but have no one. One's feelings erupt even further when they see someone they would want to be with walking down the street with someone else. All these different types of situations can lead to some very sad puppies. The writing on this meme shows how someone who is sad can become happy if they have that one date. 
The red color makes the meme seem very passionate to the reader and catches his or her attention. On top of that the picture of the 17th century male portrays edicate and a bit of romance because the male seems like that. Overall, I believe if one was to ask this to another individual he or she liked, he or she would most definitely say yes. Then again if the answer was a no it would still be okay because there are a lot of other individuals out there who are also just hoping for better luck next year. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand a lot of what you are saying about this meme but I feel this would be more effective with women. I feel there are gender differences that pertain to this meme. I feel men would see this as funny or lacking seriousness. I do agree with views on valentine's day in how it may be difficult or a bit of a depressing day for those that or single because they do not have anyone to share the day with. However, I feel there are a number of relationships that start with a first date on or right after Valentine's Day because people do not want to be single on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. Valentine's Day is basically only for couples. People argue that you can "show love" to siblings or parents or even friends on this holiday but I disagree because we secretly wish we had a boyfriend/girlfriend to spend it with.

    This meme is brutally honest because it basically says that "I do not want to participate in Valentine's Day unless I have a significant other." It kind of makes me think as to why have a holiday that excludes so many people from participating in it?

    ReplyDelete